I met a friend this past year in my photo club, Andie Jaye, and she is crazy amazing. She has a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM) blog called Crayon Freckles that is full of great information on parenting, decorating, projects, photography, mental health, you name it. It's colorful and fun, and I highly recommend it! She is one of the people that I take my photography hat off to because she has actually completed her project365 (taking and posting a photo every day for a year) and still continues to participate. Did I mention that she has a teenage daughter, a toddler son and is taking college classes? Um, yeah!! Throw a husband in there too. Time to put my feet up!!
Anyway, today I found out that my friend bestowed The Versatile Blogger award to me. How cool is that!! So, now I have a job to do. Apparently as part of receiving this award, I am supposed to list seven things that you don't know about me, and also list ten of my favorite blogs. This might be tough because I've always been a pretty open book, but here it goes.
1) I have a blog about our rescue dog Brutus, but I have always been a cat person. Brutus is the first dog I have had since I was about six years old. (And I LOVE him!)
2) I am terribly uncomfortable in large groups of people. :(
3) Sometimes I make a cake just to eat the frosting. My last child had left for college, and I figured I no longer needed to be a good example!
4) I'm a germaphobe, especially after shopping in Walmart or Target. I get in the car and use an antibacterial wipe before I will touch my steering wheel. I know, I know.
5) I don't ever want my kids to move home. People just gasp when I say that, but we tried really hard to raise them to be strong and independant, and I love the relationship we have now that they are on their own.
6) Once a month I sit in my car all by myself and eat a Big Mac. It just has to be done. I cook 95% of the time, and hardly ever eat fast food, so I eat my Big Mac guilt free!
7) In my pretend fantasy life, I live on a beach out in the middle of no where with my dog and cats. I don't know anyone, so no one ever expects anything from me. There is a quaint little store in town that I can walk to for whatever I need, and I spend my time taking photos, writing, reading and cooking. Oh, I'm thin and get to wear all of the cute clothes from J.Jill. How's that for awesome!!
OK, enough silly nonsense about me. Here are my go to blogs that I love to read, and hope you will take a minute to click on too. Each offers something different.
1.crayon freckles it is primarily child based, but truly offers great ideas for everyone! Awesome layout, and fun, bright colors. If you have littles in your house, it is a must read! :)
2.Enjoying The Small Things This blog is what started my interest in photography. Awesome pictures, and a beautiful mom story to go along with it.
3.Minnesota Runchey's This mom was our "little" neighbor girl, and is now a mom of three beautiful children of her own. She is awesome at bargain hunting, and posts her "Frugal Finds" to share. I would never know when Ben & Jerry's free ice cream cone day was if it weren't for Tracy!
4.Kerry's Kronicles Kerry was our babysitter for years, and is now the mom of two beautiful children. She is also an accomplished pianist, and part of my project365 photo club. I love her!!
5.Lisa Leonard Designs Blog Lisa is the mom of two little boys, her oldest being born with some challenges. She manages to design beautiful jewelry, take lovely photographs, give decorating ideas and show us her cute outfits once a week. Besides that, she's a curly girl. :)
6.Lamb Cooks Put together a cute girl married to her self described "nerd" husband, their doggy children, and recipes that can actually be made. Yumm-O. Her writing is such a fun read.
7. The Shabby Chic Cottage My friend Andie Jaye turned me on to this site, and it is dreamy. Actually, my pretend house on the ocean is just a little ways down the page. Talk about a blog full of great ideas. If I ever find that house, I'm taking it!
8.) Greg The Duck Greg the duck is the story of a little red duck taking a one year adventure. It's a photo a day project on the project365, but the girl who writes Greg's stories is so funny, and Greg has managed to gather hundreds of followers. If you can't get on the photo project, look him up on Facebook.
9) Italian Recipes Blog This is exactly what it sounds like. I am a carb addict, and the Pizza Margherita on the front page, about 3/4 of the way down.....to die for!
10)Simply Recipes This blog had me at "Hello". Just click on the Appetizer page, and you will know why!! I love recipes, and especially when they come with a beautiful picture of what they will look like.
And, in honor of passing along this blogging torch, I am going to choose Tracy Runchey for her
Minnesota Runchey's !! She does a great job of being versatile with her recipes, frugal finds and fun party planning ideas. I also love her sense of humor, and the fact that she never takes life too seriously. Great job Tracy!!
For Minnesota Runchey's!!!!